Wednesday, August 10, 2016

August 10

Today was a Wednesday, which meant Wednesday lecture day. Dr. Easton gave us interns an enlightening talk on his various projects, including the Archimedes Palimpsest, the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, world travels, Shakespeare's seventh signature (which turned out to really say M. Lacy, not W. Shakespeare), BAD techniques ("blur and divide"), movie consulting, possible drunk Picasso collages, candle wax, and truly awful poetry.

Other than that, I troubleshooted issues with astroimagej and had finally finished placing apertures and making sure they were the right size when the program decided to not work and I had to restart it. So, I had to start over again completely. Hopefully I will finish with the photometry by the end of the day Thursday.

I also met with Professor Kastner and My adviser, Kristina, and discussed my presentation (which is coming along, albeit slowly).

No comments:

Post a Comment