Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 28

Today was the long awaited field trip to the George Eastman House. The morning meeting was canceled because of the trip, so I got to sleep in. (At least in theory. I think I ended up waking up around 5:30-6:00 am, which was pretty disappointing.)

A docent gave us a tour of a gallery on perspective. The gallery was called Persuasion. After talking about early cameras and how photographers could influence the perspective of viewers, we headed downstairs for a private tour of their conservation lab, led by the assistant conservationist.

After some group photos (in which everyone looks very nerdy):
we headed to lunch at Amiel's, where I had a delicious gyro sub with sweet peppers on the side. I was tempted to get Jumbo size like Nate, but I held back and got a large (and then wished for the jumbo later).

Later in the afternoon, I met with my adviser to discuss what I'd be doing in the coming days and set up a meeting with Lydia for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment